Why You Need an Immigration Lawyer in Wellington

The immigration law in New Zealand is complex and constantly changing. It can be difficult to keep up with this changing legislation. A poorly handled case can cost time and money. Trying to handle an immigration matter on your own can be dangerous, especially if you’re inexperienced.

A migration advisor can help you navigate the complicated legal landscape of visas and green cards. They can also find solutions for migrants with complicated pasts, such as criminal records.

Immigration advice

Immigration laws can be complicated, and it’s important to have the right legal counsel. A lawyer who specializes in this area can help you navigate your unique situation and guide you through the process. They can also assist you with other types of legal issues, such as family law, employment, or business.

A immigration adviser can help you with a variety of matters, including asylum claims, nationality issues, deportation, and work visas. They can also represent you at an immigration tribunal. Immigration advisers are regulated by the OISC and have different levels of qualifications. Check out the OISC’s guidance on immigration advice regulation to find out who is permitted to give you advice.

Beware of scams and fraudsters posing as immigration attorneys or consultants. They can charge you thousands of dollars and harm your legal status in the country. They may even threaten you with arrest, fines, or deportation if you don’t pay them. They can also use your personal information for identity theft.

Resident visas

The right immigration adviser can help you with your residence visa application. This visa allows you to live in a new country and experience different cultures. It also offers you a chance to work in new environments and contribute to the community. Immigration lawyers Wellington can provide the support you need to make this process easier.

The residency visa is a stamp, insert or separate document that confirms a foreign national’s right to enter a particular territory. The visa is usually issued by the government agency responsible for immigration issues. The visa can be valid for up to five years. It can be renewed or changed to a permanent resident visa.

A returning resident visa is a special type of visa that protects a lawful permanent resident from losing their green card status if they stay outside the U.S for more than 12 months. A return visa is important for military personnel, government employees and their family members.

Student visas

If you’re a non-citizen and wish to pursue higher education in the United States, you’ll need a student visa. This type of visa is issued by a government agency, and it grants you entrance into the country for the duration of your studies. In order to obtain a student visa, you’ll need to be accepted, enrolled, and financially capable of supporting yourself while studying.

Student visas are not automatically granted, and you must apply for one with the granting agency, such as an immigration or state department. Students are urged to seek the services of a licensed immigration adviser before they submit their application.

A student visa is valid for a specified period of time, and you’ll need to renew it every year you’re in school. You can find more information about maintaining your status on the SEVP website, and you can check if you need to apply for an extension with USCIS. You can also work while in the US on a student visa, provided you are enrolled full-time and do not exceed your work authorization.

Investment visas

The United States offers a variety of investment visas for people who want to contribute to the economy. The EB-5 immigrant investor visa is one of them, and it allows you to seek permanent residency by investing in a new commercial enterprise. There are 10,000 EB-5 visas set aside each year, and you can invest in either a direct project or through a regional center.

In order to qualify for the EB-5 investment visa, you must invest a minimum of US$500,000 or create at least 10 jobs in the United States. You can also invest in a regional center project, which is an excellent option for investors who don’t live near the area where they are investing.

However, EB-5 investments are risky and may not return your investment. Luckily, the EB-5 program works with trusted Regional Centers that carefully select investment projects. These companies are able to provide investors with the opportunity for an investment return after the project’s investment cycle, which usually takes 5–7 years.

Leave a comment